School Calendar 2023-24
Updated July 26, 2023
2023-24 MHS Calendar
- August 28-30 (Mon-Wed): Opening Meetings for Faculty/Staff
- August 31 (Thurs): Early Arrivals for New International Students, All-School Leaders, Proctors, Pre-Season Athletes (by invitation)
- September 1-3 (Fri-Sun): New International Student Orientation; Pre-Season Athletics; Student Leadership Workshops
- September 3 (Sun): Returning Student Arrivals
- September 4 (Mon): New Student Arrivals & New Families Welcome
- September 5 (Tues): Student Orientation (all students)
- September 6 (Wed): All-School Activities (all students)
- September 7 (Thurs): Convocation/First Day of Classes
- October 13-14 (Fri-Sat): Fall Family Weekend
- October 14-17 (Sat-Tues): Fall Long Weekend*
- October 18 (Wed): Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
- November 17 (Fri): Fall Break begins at 3:30 p.m. Dorms close at 12 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, and reopen at 12 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 26*
- November 27 (Mon): Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
- December 15 (Fri): Winter Break begins at 3:30 p.m. Dorms close at 12 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, and reopen at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 3*
- January 2 (Tues): Professional Day for Faculty/Staff (no classes for students)
- January 3 (Wed): Travel Day for Students/Work Day for Faculty/Staff
- January 4 (Thurs): Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
- February 10-13 (Sat-Tues): Winter Long Weekend*
- February 13 (Tues): Professional Day for Faculty/Staff (no classes for students)
- February 14: (Wed): Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
- March 8 (Fri): Spring Break begins at 3:30 p.m. — Dorms close at 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 9, and reopen at 12 p.m. on Sunday, March 24
- March 25 (Mon): Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
- April 21 (Sun): Founder’s Day
- June 2 (Sun): Commencement
- June 3: Summer Vacation Begins; Dorms close at 12 p.m.
Important Note about School Vacations — MHS dormitories will be closed during Fall, Winter, and Spring Breaks. Families must make arrangements for students to arrive and depart campus at designated times. During Fall and Winter Long Weekends, boarding students may choose to stay on campus for an additional fee.