Our upcoming virtual open house is unlike any you’ve attended — because it’s personalized to you!
Saturday, January 16, 2021
9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
We have lots of experiences for you to explore. Chat face to face with members of the MHS community, enjoy an interactive class, visit virtual booths to learn about specific departments and activities, attend student and faculty panels, play games, and more!
The best part is that you decide which of these you want to attend, and when you want to attend them. You can pop in at any point during the day, stay for a few minutes or as long as you want, whatever’s convenient for you. SEE FULL SCHEDULE BELOW.
(subject to change)
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Welcome message for all attendees from Head of School and introduction by Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- For students: Live Interactive Class Experiences (this experience is also offered in the afternoon). Choices include:
Forensic Science: Have you ever wondered about some of the scientific approaches to gathering and analyzing direct and circumstantial evidence? Join us for an interactive exploration into the fascinating discipline of Forensic Science.
Studio Art: Come explore drawing and connect with others through a series of fun exercises hosted by studio art teacher Ellie Spangler and a special guest.
History - Is "Fake News" New?: This interactive class challenges you to sort fact from fiction in the aftermath of the 1898 destruction of the USS Maine in Havana harbor. On one side is William Randolph Hearst, publisher of the New York Journal, and on the other is Adolph S. Ochs, publisher of The New York Times. Can you identify which newspaper published which quotes about the catastrophe after learning about the journalistic philosophies of Hearst and Ochs?
- For parents: Academics Panel; explore all aspects of the academic program with members of the academics team
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- For students: Student Panel with Admissions Ambassadors; hear from our admissions ambassadors about what it’s like to be a student at Miss Hall’s
- For parents: Student Life Panel with Administrators; learn more about what life will be like for your daughter with members of our student life team
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- Take a break with lunch in the comfort of your home and watch a collection of recorded student performances
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- For students: Live Interactive Class Experiences (this experience is also offered in the morning). Choices include: Forensic Science, Studio Art, and History. See full descriptions in 10:00 a.m. listing.
- For parents: Admissions Process and Personalized Family Tuition; Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management David Hopkins walks you through the steps in the application process
Throughout the course of the day, drop in whenever you want and spend as much time as you want visiting our virtual expo booths, watching recorded student performances, playing games, and networking with other Miss Hall’s students.
This event is being hosted on Hopin, an online events venue. The event will be available for three days after January 16 if you want to check out anything you may have missed.
Ask us anything!
Click the button below to chat with us now — ask us anything about the upcoming open house, or any corner of the school. No question is too small. 😎