School Calendar 2022-23
Updated July 11, 2022
2022-23 MHS Calendar
- August 28: Early Arrival for new international students, Proctors, and invited athletes; Dorms open at 12 p.m.
- August 29-31: Orientation for new international students; Pre-season athletic practices for invited athletes
- September 1: Leadership workshops for elected all-school leaders
- September 2-3: Returning student arrivals
- September 4: New student arrivals (domestic and day)
- September 5: ALL Student Orientation (required for all returning and new students)
- September 6: All-school activities (new and returning students)
- September 7: Convocation/First day of classes
- October 14-15: Fall Family Weekend
- October 15-18: Fall Long Weekend — No Classes; Dorms open
- October 19: Classes Resume
- November 19-27: Fall Break — No Classes; Dorms close at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19, and reopen at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27
- November 28: Classes Resume
- December 17 - January 3: Winter Break — No Classes; Dorms close at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17, and reopen at 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 2
- January 3: Student Travel Day — No Classes
- January 4: Classes Resume
- January 21 - 24: Winter Long Weekend — No Classes; Dorms open
- January 25: Classes resume
- March 11-26: Spring Break — No Classes; Dorms close at 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 11, and reopen at 9 a.m. on Sunday, March 26
- March 27: Classes Resume
- April 21: Founder's Day — Special Programs
- June 4: Commencement
- June 5: Summer Vacation begins; Dorms close at 12 p.m.
Important Note about School Vacations — MHS dormitories will be closed during the Fall, Winter, and Spring Breaks. Families must make arrangements for students to arrive and depart campus at designated times. During Fall and Winter Long Weekends, boarding students may choose to stay on campus. (If special trips are offered, additional fees may apply).
2023-24 MHS Calendar
The 2023-24 calendar is still subject to adjustments, but you may download it here, to begin preparing for the coming school year.