Survey on students at MHS: (about 20-25 students each grade responded to the survey)
1. How much time do you spend daily on social media?
• Most seniors and freshman spend from 3 to 5 hours per day, some spend from 1 to 3 hours per day, a few spend less than 1 hour or more than 5 hour per day.
• Most juniors and sophomore spend from 1 to 3 hours per day, some some spend from 3 to 5 hours, a few spend less than 1 hour per day, none spend more than 5 hour per day.
(Freshman and seniors usually have more free time because sophomores and juniors have to focus more on their studies and other outdoor activities. What students accomplish in those two years is very important when they do college application.)
2. Which social media apps do you use?
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube are the most common.
• Some use other social media apps such as Wechat, Tumblr or Pinterest.
3. What do you use Social Media for?
• Education and business
• Getting news/information
• Contacting family/friends
4. Which device(s) do you use to access Social Media?
• Phone and laptop are the most common.
• Some use TV, computers and tablet.
5. Do you think Social Media is important?
• Most of them agree, some of them choose fair.
6. Do you think Social Media have a good or bad effect on students at MHS?
• Most of them choose so-so, and a few choose not sure.
(Social Media has many advantages but overusing or misusing them can also bring many disadvantages. )
7. What advice do you have for MHS students about Social Media use?
• Manage your time logically so you do not let Social Media affect your healthy lifestyle.
• Be mindful of what you are posting or saying to other people on the Internet.
• Protect your personal data and online profile.