Trip Dates: Saturday, March 14 - Sunday, March 22/2020
The minimum number of MHS students for the trip to run: 10 Students.
Accommodation: Hotel accommodation in three to four-star hotels in Washington DC with twin room occupancy, private facilities are guaranteed throughout the trip.
Transportation: We will travel together by bus to Bradley International Airport and use ground transportation while in Washington. Families need to provide their own transportation from Bradley International Airport if the student is not returning to Pittsfield, Massachusetts at the end of the trip.
Costs payable to MHS:
Total cost per student: $1,800 /student, based on 10 students
Insurance: The cost of the trip includes trip cancellation insurance coverage through an InsureMytrip for Education an international travel insurance company. Detailed materials will be sent to all families.
Timeline of Payments:
- Payment #1 (October 11, 2019), $600
- Payment #2 (November 11, 2019), $600
- Payment #3 (December 11, 2019), $600
*see exceptions in InsureMytrip for Education insurance policy
This fee includes:
- Round trip airfare with a major carrier on scheduled flights and guaranteed dates.
- All airport taxes and fuel surcharges (which will not change after the time of enrollment for any participant).
- Accommodation in three and four-star hotels in Washington in twin or triple rooms with private facilities guaranteed.
- Breakfast at hotel, lunches or dinners in local restaurants depending on the itinerary, two meals/day.
- All excursions, cultural activities and (several pre-booked) admissions as per the itinerary
- Transportation by bus to and from airport transfers and tours.
- Travel insurance policy, which includes limited property and cancellation coverage.
What is NOT included:
- Special travel arrangements: If your child will not be flying with us to Washington or you plan to have your child fly back from another destination, these arrangements need to be made by you and cannot interrupt the trip itinerary.
- Any fees that might be imposed by the airlines at the airport for checked baggage.
- It is recommended that students bring additional money to use for personal expenses, souvenirs, etc., and for the additional meal not included in the trip fee.
In 300 words, explain how this trip will be beneficial to you academically and personally. Give this some serious consideration and think both in the short- and long term. We are interested in learning how you hope this trip will influence your worldview and sense of yourself as a global citizen.