The minimum number of MHS students for the trip to run: 10 Students. Accommodation:
Hotel accommodation in three to a four-star hotel in Reykjavik with twin room occupancy, private facilities are guaranteed throughout the trip.
Transportation: We will travel together via Transport the People to Logan International Airport and will use ground transportation while in Iceland. Families need to provide their own transportation from Boston, Logan Airport if the student is not returning to Pittsfield, Massachusetts at the end of the trip.
Costs payable to MHS:
Total cost per student: $ 2,780/student, based on 10 students
Insurance: The cost of the trip includes trip cancellation insurance and limited emergency medical
coverage through InsureMytrip for Education, an international travel insurance company. Detailed materials will be sent to all families.
Timeline of Payments:
(non- refundable payments)
- Payment #1 (September 6, 2019), $ 1,380
- Payment #2 (October 4, 2019), $ 1,400
This fee includes:
- Round trip airfare with a major carrier on scheduled flights and guaranteed dates.
- All airport taxes and fuel surcharges (which will not change after the time of enrollment for any participant).
- Accommodation in three and four-star hotels in Reykjavik in twin rooms with private facilities guaranteed.
- Breakfast at hotel and dinners in local restaurants depending on the itinerary, two meals/day.
- Lunch will be for the student to purchase each day.
- All excursions, cultural activities and (pre-booked) admissions as per the itinerary.
- Transportation by bus to and from airport transfers and tours.
- Travel insurance, a comprehensive policy through InsureMytrip for Education, an international travel insurance company that includes limited health, property and cancellation coverage.
What is not included:
- Special travel arrangements: If your child will not be flying with us to Iceland or you plan to have your child fly back from another destination, these arrangements need to be made by you and cannot interrupt the trip itinerary.
- One meal/day (see above provisions).
- Transportation from LOGAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT to MHS. NOTE: Students will arrange transportation from the airport or can return to Pittsfield, MA with the chaperones for an additional fee.
- Visas (if required), and if required, students must have their visas secured by October 23, 2019. The following link lists the countries for which a visa is required to secure entrance into Iceland.
- Any fees that might be imposed by the airlines at the airport for checked baggage.
- It is recommended that students bring additional money to use for personal expenses, souvenirs, etc., and for the additional meal not included in the trip fee.
In 300 words, explain how this trip will be beneficial to you academically and personally. Give this some serious consideration and think both in the short- and long term. We are interested in learning how you hope this trip will influence your worldview and sense of yourself as a global citizen.